A Catholic church stood in Newark during Saxon times, and probably still stood for the first hundred years succeeding the Norman Conquest of 1066, but of this church no fragment whatever remains. In about the year 1180, the first work started on the Catholic Church of St Mary Magdalene, Newark.
To the present, the current Church of Holy Trinity, Newark was consecrated in 1979 and is situated alongside our Catholic primary school which shares its name with the Community & Partnership Centre, opened in 2005.Various aspects of Newark’s Catholic history are recounted here:The last catholic priest to serve Newark Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene: Fr. Henry Lytherland
Sunday Mass times:
7:00pm Saturday vigil;